Intro to Agile and Scrum | Akademi GA
About This Workshop
Originally designed for software development, Scrum is becoming one of the most popular ways to organize a project today. In this class, we'll define Agile and Scrum and explore the rise of Agile and how Scrum fits within the Agile principles. Using real world examples and a practice exercise, we'll then review how Scrum works and what makes Scrum so powerful for delivering higher quality products in much less time and with happier teams. This workshop is a great introduction to Scrum and how to apply Scrum methods to your project to get better results!
General Assembly’s classes, workshops and events are recreational and for avocational purposes only. No certificate is awarded.
- Review the history of Agile and the Agile Manifesto
- Explain how the Scrum framework fits within the principles of Agile
- Highlight differences between Scrum and traditional project management
- Define and describe the 3 pillars of Scrum
- Explore the key roles in Scrum
- Understand the Scrum lifecycle: planning, development, review & retrospective
PreparationThis workshop will be completely live and online. In preparation, please download Zoom and Slack.
Please note: This session will not be recorded, however slides will be shared following the class.
We understand that, sometimes, plans change. If you can no longer make it to a class or workshop, please email us at least 7 days before the scheduled event date. No refunds will be given to cancellations made within a week of the class or workshop.